The Monastery of Prevelis is located in Rethymno, was built in the 16th century and played an important part in the liberation struggles and the Revolutions of Crete. In more recent history, in the battle of Crete it constituted a refuge for the allied powers. In 1831 the first Greek Faculty was founded there.
The ship PREVELIS, which bears its name, was built in the IMABARI Shipyard in Japan and completely renovated in 1995. It has a transport capacity of 1,398 passengers and 310 vehicles, and offers all modern facilities.